Monday 26 April 2010

Finished.......


Final border on......

So glad this quilt is finally together.....

I will get this to the quilters after I find something to back it with.

Completed with fabric from my stash, with the borders and backing being purchased.

It was at least a three year project - maybe more.  I think I read the Chocolat range of fabrics was released in 2006 - maybe it was a four year project.

P.S. For some reason I feel as though this picture looks a little out of focus (or something)!!  If you click on the pic, you will get a bigger view, which looks a whole lot better.

9 comments:

Deb said...

Wahoo well done Lisa, it looks fabulous. Isn't it great what a bit of a push does for us all and our UFO's. You will be so pleased to have completed it all.
So whats next??? lol
hugs Deb

Anonymous said...

Leisa... your quilt looks beautiful! Well done on getting it to quilt top stage!! Are you going to hand quilt or machine quilt it?

Lesley said...

Leisa, the blue border fabric is divine! But I dont think you hold the record for the longest unfinished quilt. I have one that dates some of my children!! This is the year I tell ya, this is the year...

Busy Brissy Mum said...

Matt told me the boys were going fishing. I thought you might get some sewing projects done. Your quilt looks fantastic Leisa. It must feel great to have it almost nearing completion.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Just lovely. Have a good day.

Yvette said...

I love it!! Your border fabrics are wonderful. I can't wait to see it quilted.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Have you thought on how you are going to quilt it?
Lisa

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

my goodness, what a machine to have all that done, good on you!! It looks great.... now what's next then??

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Wow I just read your post...you must be so glad that it is finished. I just finished mine am are now making one for my Mum