Sunday 11 April 2010

A Gardener's Journal........

Have you seen over at Chookyblue when she issued a challenge to finish or make the beautiful "A Gardener's Journal" by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched?

I think that there are now at least forty people who have decided to stitch along with dear Chookyblue to make this beautiful quilt.

I didn't really "join" the group, but it was a great reminder to me that this quilt was in a little box on my desk, well and truly started. 

Well over two years ago I decided to make this quilt after a dear friend gave me a copy of the book.

I decided that I would make it completely from fabrics from within my stash at the time and have only purchased the two border fabrics required.

At the time, I remember putting all the DMC colours out and then choosing my fabrics to co-ordinate with them.


In between projects and life...... I have stitched the blocks......


Enjoying each one as I went along............


And now I have six of the eight blocks put together.


When Chookyblue issued her challenge I even had all my fabrics cut and separated into zip lock bags ready to go.  I have plugged away in just little snippets of time over the last two weekends.  Isn't it amazing what can be achieved when we put our minds to it.  I am so blessed to have my sweet sewing room where I can leave projects at the ready to grab a moment or two when I can. 

It will be so lovely to have a large project like this finished and off to the quilters. 

I might even have it back to snuggle under for the winter ahead!

P.S.  I have now officially joined the group!!  See the link on the side to pop over and see all the quilts being stitched.

7 comments:

Rebecca Simon said...

What a beautiful idea! And such gorgeous fabrics.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you have done so well..........so is the plan this weekend to get all the blocks joined and the borders on???? hope so......so please the group helped motivate you along.......let me know once you have your top together.......

Cubby House Crafts said...

Wow! Your GJ is just gorgeous...just love your fabric choices!
Lisa

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Leisa! Thought I'd pop across from Chookyblue to say g'day to a fellow Darling Downs blogger! Your Gardeners Journal quilt is looking FABULOUS! Like you've I've decided that I'm only using fabrics from my stash to make this and my stitcheries are on dotty fabric too, though I think mine's lighter. Can't wait to see your quilt ... and mine :0) ... grow! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Khris78 said...

Your quilt is lovely Leisa, well done :)

Bobbie Lynn said...

That is beautiful and love the embroidery design. Great stitching there Leisa.

Busy Brissy Mum said...

Beautiful stitching Leisa. It will be lovely to see the finished quilt.