Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas Baking.....

Christmas Eve is almost over here in Australia. Everything is ready to celebrate Christmas with our family.

I have enjoyed some time in the afternoons doing some special baking. I made the fruit cake a few weeks ago now and have been enjoying it this week.

These are some delicious Almond Butter Balls - they just melt in your mouth - YUM!


I have never had much success with roll out biscuits, but was determined to have another go at making some. I found yet another recipe on a blog somewhere ?! . It worked out really well.



The biscuit mixture rolled out beautifully and cooked to perfection.


The fun part was of course the decorating.



The gifts are under the tree and the desserts that I was asked to provide have been made.
I am off to bed for a blissful sleep.
Christmas Blessings to all.



7 comments:

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Leisa:

All the best for the holidays,

Lisa xo
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

Anonymous said...

Leisa,
Happy Christmas for yesterday and wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year. Angela

Leanne said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I like you have terrible trouble with roll out biscuits, they always seem to stick to the rolling pin.

Anonymous said...

hope you had a lovely christmas, and here's to the new year and lots of lovely blogging!

thanks for popping by my blog and btw we've been in Australia for longer just in the beach cottage our own home for only a year

happy days

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi Leisa,
Just found your blog & had fun reading what you have been up to lately. Will be back to visit & have added you to my blog roll.
Have a fabulous New Year, Cheers!
Sarah xxx

dutchcomfort said...

Dear Leisa, a very happy, healthy, inspired and loving 2009 to you and your family!!

MarmaladeRose said...

Happy new year Leisa, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, you added a little bit of sparkle to my day.
I really enjoyed the little bit of hand embroidery I did on the quilt. So much so that I'm going to do some more.
Lovely blog by the way, love Fi x