Wednesday 17 June 2009

Grandma's Girls......

What fun I had on Sunday afternoon. My cousin Amanda and I had both been thinking similar thoughts and mentioned to each other one day how we would love to get our cousins and Aunts together.... Grandma's Girls.

Left to Right: Lauren, Amanda, Kylie, Sandra and Me.....
Amanda gathered all the addresses and sent the most beautiful invitations to everyone.
Daughters, Daughters-In-Law, Grandaughters and Great-Grandaughters.
There was only one Grandaughter missing. It was lovely catching up with my cousins. I spent so much time with them growing up. I was one of Sandra's bridesmaids at her Wedding almost 25 years ago. Lauren was my Flower Girl and Amanda my Junior Maid - 22 years ago!!
Amanda and Lauren and their brother Symon spent a lot of holidays at our farm. What fun we used to have. They have memories so long and constantly amuse me with the things they remember through a childs eye.
Sandra, Kylie and their sister Robyn grew up on the same farm as Grandad and Grandma. We used to go there every Sunday after church. I think most of my clothes and shoes had been worn by Robyn and Sandra first and then they went back to Kylie.
It was sad Robyn was snowed under with work and couldn't be here with us.
Everyone brought some afternoon tea to share. I made the little cupcakes. I was so pleased with how they turned out.
Amanda made these very cute little 'tea cups" - very sweet and easy to make.
Pop on over to her blog to see how it is done.


It really was a lovely day. So nice to catch up in happy circumstances instead of sad ones like the last couple of times we were all together.
I don't get together with family nearly enough. It is just a matter of making the time. I hope I can do this more often.


3 comments:

Busy Brissy Mum said...

To my 80's princess cousin - Leisa, Such a lovely afternoon in your beautiful home. Grandma would have enjoyed an afternoon with all her girls if she were here. Let's get together again!

Amanda xo

Unknown said...

How wonderful Leisa...just being girls together again. I also love to catch up with my cousins and Aunties and Uncles and always come away feeling that we must do it more often. So many memories and so much fun...cousins are a wonderful mix of friend and family. Everyone just accepts each other with all their little flaws and short-comings...after all they're family!!
Such pretty cakes and teacups.
Happy days to you leisa, Angela.

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a beautiful photo of your family. Thank you for sharing.