Sunday 11 November 2007

Open Garden Visit






What a lovely afternoon we had this afternoon when we went to visit our friends the owners of Jakob's Lodge garden which was open this weekend as part of the Open Garden Scheme.


It is a lovely garden and beautifully set out to wander through and enjoy the lovely plantings and shady spots . This garden was started during 1997, so is an absolute credit to the owners with it being only 10 years old.

I am so very glad to have taken the time out of a busy weekend to enjoy the beauty of this lovely garden.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photographs thanks for the virtual tour.

Unknown said...

Hi Leisa, I wrote you a fairly long comment the other day but it disappeared and I didn't have time to redo it so here goes....
Isn't it wonderful to see all the hard work and creative design that goes into making a beautiful garden such as this one? Since having an open garden myself I can totally appreciate not only the many hours doing the garden but the many hours throughout the year before open garden that have been spent just planning and thinking about everything that needs to happen before the big day. I guess for those who have the time and discipline to keep the garden shipshape all the time it's not so bad.
I can understand how pleased you were to find the Cath Kidson pretties. I found them a few weeks back and just couldn't resist. It makes a change to find something a bit more special here.
I hope you're getting a little of this beautiful rain this morning. A happy weekend to you, Angela.

Cottage Contessa said...

Beautiful gardens! I really do wish that I was more of a gardener. Alas, I am not, I'm a baker! Glad you had a lovely day out visiting.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)