Sunday, 28 November 2010

Christmas Cake


Last night I prepared the fruit to get my first Christmas Cake made today. 
 I just love making my own Christmas cakes.


All that delicious dried fruit and nuts.


This morning the ingredients were mixed and the cake assembled.


This morning as I mixed using my beautiful old spoon I thought again about my dear Nana and Grandma.  I have a spoon from each of their kitchens and I love and use them daily.

I thought about all the cakes that had been mixed by their hands with these very same spoons and the love that had gone into our family by doing so.

I thought about them and how much I miss them and being in their kitchens cooking. 



So with my Christmas preparations finally started, I hope my family will one day remember the love that goes into the preparation of Christmas and maybe one day treasure the very special memories that I hope I have created for them.


3 comments:

Busy Brissy Mum said...

A memory of two very special ladies Leisa. I came across a little movie of Grandma in her last few months the other night. She was waving to us. So special.

Jelly Wares said...

What an amazing post!!!
That cake looks delicious...
What a joy it must be to use those old spoons and remember your grandparents daily..

Hugs - Jodie :)

Bev C said...

Wow,that cake looks so delicious. Love that you have your grandparents spoons.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo