Sunday 28 November 2010

Christmas Cake


Last night I prepared the fruit to get my first Christmas Cake made today. 
 I just love making my own Christmas cakes.


All that delicious dried fruit and nuts.


This morning the ingredients were mixed and the cake assembled.


This morning as I mixed using my beautiful old spoon I thought again about my dear Nana and Grandma.  I have a spoon from each of their kitchens and I love and use them daily.

I thought about all the cakes that had been mixed by their hands with these very same spoons and the love that had gone into our family by doing so.

I thought about them and how much I miss them and being in their kitchens cooking. 



So with my Christmas preparations finally started, I hope my family will one day remember the love that goes into the preparation of Christmas and maybe one day treasure the very special memories that I hope I have created for them.


3 comments:

Busy Brissy Mum said...

A memory of two very special ladies Leisa. I came across a little movie of Grandma in her last few months the other night. She was waving to us. So special.

Jodie said...

What an amazing post!!!
That cake looks delicious...
What a joy it must be to use those old spoons and remember your grandparents daily..

Hugs - Jodie :)

Bev C said...

Wow,that cake looks so delicious. Love that you have your grandparents spoons.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo