Monday 9 February 2009

Thoughts and Prayers.......


Such a sad day here in Australia. So many lives and homes lost in the devastation of the bushfires in Victoria. Whole towns have been burnt to the ground. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those families who have lost loved ones and to those who have lost everything they own to fire. The death toll stands this afternoon at over one hundred people. Some have lost also their livelihood with the loss of businesses and also complete farming setups, fencing and machinery.

While fire ravages and southern part of our country the northern part is drowning in flood waters. One poor little five year old boy was taken by a crocodile when he followed his puppy into a flooded creek. Many towns just wait now for the water to recede and then the cleanup will begin.

I feel so blessed today, to be safe in my home with my family safely with me.


6 comments:

Sal said...

It is so dreadful.I have just been watching the news.
My prayers go out to those who are suffering.
xxx

dutchcomfort said...

Glad to hear you’re safe! My thoughts are with mourning Australia.
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you and your family are okay. My thoughts and prayers to out to all of you in Australia.

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

I have been thinking of you. I hope you are safe from the flooding.

Lisa
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

Liz Harrell said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I cant imagine.

Miss sew n sew said...

It is so sad I have been watching it all on the news.
My prayers go out to all of you in Australia.
Sarahx