Friday 3 August 2007

A Sack at my front door....






"Nice" mail is always so exciting to receive. I arrived home this morning to find a sack at the front door. I love beautiful books and I love Amazon!!! My wish list goes over two pages at least and I have been sooooo good and not ordered anything for quite a long time. But, I couldn't go any longer without giving in to the "need" for some new lovliness!!, and so the sack above.






I am a little amused by the method of their packing, but mostly the books arrive in good condition despite the lack of packing in the box. I think I have only received one book slightly damaged (only a little tear on the jacket). These thankfully are fine. I feel a little guilty though (just a bit!) having not supported local book stores, but these come at around half the price through Amazon compared to paying local prices! Of course, some of these we don't see readily in the book shops anyway.

I have just leafed through these pages of lovliness and I am not disappointed. It's always a little bit of a gamble to buy a book this way. Mostly though I have read about these in other publications and of course on others blogs.



Now to find a moment to enjoy the inspiration and beauty contained in these lovely books.

My "baby" is turning ten early next week and we have afternoon tea planned with a few little friends on Saturday. So best get organised now for her special day. Hopefully I will have some pics to show of her afternoon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful package that has arrived on your doorstep! How exciting...I'm green with envy. I wish I could reach in and thumb my way through their beautiful pages...HAPPY READING. Happy birthday to your baby and have fun on her special day tomorrow,
Angela.

dutchcomfort said...

Strange way of packing indeed, but the books look great! Have a wonderful birthday of your little big girl tomorrow!

Leanne said...

Hi Leisa,
Your PIF gift was posted yesterday. I am with you on the book thing. When we lived in England books were so inexpensive I hadn't thought about it much until we returned to OZ. I hope you find a few relaxing moments to read.

Anonymous said...

Can you please recommend a couple of the best ones...I always look on amazon at the books but Im never sure whitch ones are going to be worth the read! (and the money!)
Thanks:)
Jennifer.